Wednesday, June 15, 2005

Pessimism Sets In

We are headed back to .500 I can feel it. Been a Padre fan a long time I see it coming, like heart break. You know it when you see it.

The boys are struggling mightily and still not hitting. Our pitching is sagging under the weight of carrying a club that isn't hitting. And on a raining night in wonderful Detroit, Klesko can't catch a can of corn. Is see 500 just round the corner.

We are still in first place, but we have not moved beyond our current funk which tells me that the month of May was a hoax, intended to get us believing again, but that the current June Gloom is here to stay.

Detroit is a team we should beat, period.

We would have had a decent shot last night if we had not beat ourselves. In tennis, its called unforced errors. In football, its an interception or pass interference. In baseball, its dropping the third out for two runs in a tie game.

Nice work Klesko. If he wasn't swinging the bat, I'd say trade his ass.

But the beauty of baseball is that it could all turn round tonight. We got our stopper on the mound, Eaton.

So, pretty please, with sugar on top. hit the freakin ball.

"If I'm curt with you, it's because time is a factor here. I think fast, I talk fast, and I need you guys to act fast if you want to get out of this. So, pretty please, with sugar on top, clean the fucking car."
-the Wolf, Pulp Fiction

Go Padres!

Padre Mike

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home