Friday, October 07, 2005

No Chicken Dinner or Its 96 All Over Again

Well, that was not fun in a lot of ways. I won't go over them in tedious detail except to say that delicate swipe tags don't cut it at the plate. This isn't a bullfight, Poppy.

The Cardinals are not being particularly dominating against our boys, rather they are playing the way they always play. Its the Padres that are shooting themselves in the foot. All you can say is, I hope we play better. A tennis match filled with unforced errors is boring.

Saturday night's game is back in SD, which is nice for the fans but not for Padre hitting, although Woody benefits. Its an 8 pm start, which is 5 pm in Hawaii, so it nice for all the Hawaiian Padre fans.

Will there come a time when corporate media just picks the teams they want in the playoffs? Just asking.

I like what one announcer said: the playoffs magnify your team's strengths and weaknesses. Yesterday's game was a virtual clinic in how not to play.

But, would I rather be the other 22 clubs playing golf or huntin and fishin, right now? Ask me Sunday morning.

All I can say is, Go Padres!

Padre Mike

Notes:

1. Finally made it to the watering hole near work to watch the game. Hoisted a few with the guys while we all groaned at the TV.

2. As a native San Diegan, its been my practice to choose an alternate team to cheer for. In football, its the Redskins. In baseball, its the Angels. So, go Angels, beat the damned Yankees, although that Yankee team is still impressive.

3. An 8 pm start works great for me Saturday. Do family stuff all day, then come home and work on the flooring while the game is on. I refuse to actually just sit and watch a game, any game. Life is too short for that.

2 Comments:

At October 07, 2005 7:53 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

But she promised me a chicken dinner. damn her, this is the last time I call her, I swear. If she doesn't come through on Sat, we are finished....until Spring anyway.

 
At October 07, 2005 7:54 AM, Blogger Padre Mike said...

Crushing lose. Thought the rest of BB was snickering at us too, amking it more painful. Get em Sat I hope.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home